Q. Where can I find assistance for my dissertation proposal?
The first stop if you need dissertation proposal assistance should be your chair. The second stop should be the dissertation template found in the NCU Dissertation Center under “Essentials” and in the “Templates and Forms” box. Click here to access the Dissertation Center. The template will provide you guidance for each chapter by providing a checklist as well as many helpful tips.
The ASC has several group sessions that can also assist with various components of the dissertation. You can follow this link to register for academic coaching. After registering, you can use this link to self-schedule recorded coaching sessions and group sessions.
Here is a list of group sessions that can assist with the dissertation process:
- Scholarly Writing: Sundays at 9:00 a.m. PST
- Synthesis Analysis: Mondays at 5:00 p.m. PST
- Theory-Conceptual Framework: Tuesdays at 5:00 p.m. PST
- Writing Qualitative Analysis: Tuesdays at 7:00 p.m. PST
- Purpose Statement: Wednesdays at 4:00 p.m. PST
- Problem Statement: Thursdays at 5:00 p.m. PST
- Inferential Statistics in SPSS: Fridays at 4:00 p.m. PST
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below:
ASC Chat is currently staffed by an academic coach the following times:
Sunday 12:00-5:00 p.m. PST
Monday 1:00-6:00, 8:00-10:00 p.m. PST
Tuesday 2:00-7:00 p.m. PST
Wednesday 2:00-6:00 p.m. PST
Thursday 2:00 to 8:00, 9:00-10:00 p.m. PST
Friday 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. PST
If there is not a coach on duty, submit your question via Ask a Coach. We will answer you once a coach is available.