Q. What can I expect from a live coaching session?
The Academic Success Center offers two types of live 45-minute coaching sessions.
- The group session is with a coach and up to six (6) other students.
- The individual session is with you and a coach.
You will meet with your coach in a GoToMeeting meeting space. This will allow participants to see and speak to one another in real-time while sharing screens. You will enter the meeting using a unique session meeting link. There are two places where you can access your session meeting link.
- In the Appointment Confirmation email, you receive when you schedule your appointment.
- In the information area located at the top of your live session appointment form.
If this is your first meeting, please check to be sure that your system is GoToMeeting compatible.
- Let's do a quick system check: https://link.gotomeeting.com/system-check
Here are some things you can do to get the most out of your coaching session:
- Be ready to participate.
- Have questions ready for your coach.
- If you are having an individual session, have your document ready to share with your coach.
- If you are having a group session, it is important to remember that the coach will NOT review your homework.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below:
ASC Chat is currently staffed by an academic coach the following times:
Monday-Thursday 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. PST
Friday 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. PST
If there is not a coach on duty, submit your question via Ask a Coach. We will answer you once a coach is available.