Q. Why do I receive this error when I attempt to access EBSCOhost? A System Problem has Occurred. To begin a new session, please login again.
To resolve this issue we recommend clearing your web browser’s cache and cookies to regain access to EBSCOhost databases. Please see the link below for instructions on clearing cookies in several different web browsers:
If you have cleared the cookies in the web browser and are still experiencing issues we recommend using a different, compatible web browser like Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari to regain access to EBSCOhost. You may also submit a Database Problem Form to the Library.
Satellite Internet Users:
1) First, try the troubleshooting steps outlined above. We also recommend trying to access EBSCOhost from another computer if this option is available to you. If you are still experiencing issues proceed to step #2.
2) Try accessing EBSCOhost by clicking here. If the link does not work proceed to step #3.3) Use the URL and credentials listed here to access EBSCOhost:
Attention to Hughes Satellite Internet Customers: Hughes Satellite internet customers may need to disable the Turbo feature which interferes with access to EBSCOhost, in some cases. Please note that instructions to disable Turbo may vary depending on modem type. If these directions do not make sense, do not work, or you need more help, please contact Hughes directly for additional troubleshooting assistance.
1. Make sure that you are online
2. Type in your URL bar: 192.168.0.1
3. Go to green system status button on left, click on it. If you are using a HNS9000 modem, go to the grey bar at the top third of the page below the buttons, find the little man icon, and then click on it.
4. Click on Turbo Page
5. Look for the Control option, and the link for Enable/Reset. Click Enable/Reset 6. Select Disable on the pop-up commands page; Click OK.
7. Do this every time you reboot your computer.
You may also contact EBSCOhost customer support by filling out a request here.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: