Q. I'm having trouble accessing a link to an assigned video in my course syllabus. What should I do?
Unfortunately, we have been notified by students and staff of access issues to the Films on Demand database from the NCU Course Room. We apologize for the inconvenience and are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. In the meantime, if you are unable to access a video link from within your course syllabus, follow the steps below.
1) Copy and paste link from course activity into notepad or Word doc, etc.
2) Close all browser windows.
3) Open browser and copy and paste link into URL address bar.
4) You should be prompted to login into Library. Use the same login credentials as course room credentials.
5) After logging in, the video should be displayed.
Alternatively, you may go directly to the Films on Demand database in order to access your assigned videos. Follow the steps below to access the videos in this way.
1) Clear your browser's cache and cookies. Click here for instructions. Close the browser and reopen.
2) Login to the NCU Portal and click the Library link.
3) Go to Research Resources and select Databases. If you still see the login screen, try to access via a different internet browser.
4) Select Films on Demand from this page.
5) Search for the video or segment by title. Simply copy/paste the video title from your assignment, as shown below. Click the red search button.
Alternatively, some assigned videos have been embedded in the course Library Guides. Select your course from the Courses drop down menu. If your assigned videos have been included, they will appear on a Videos tab, as shown below.
Please feel free to contact the Library if you have any difficulty locating an assigned video.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?