Q. How do I retrieve fulltext articles from the NCU Library using the desktop version of EndNote?
First, note that it is not necessary to purchase the desktop version of EndNote. The Library provides a free and web-based version of EndNote. For information about how to access the free, web-based version of EndNote through the Library, please see our FAQ here.
Additionally, note that the Library recommends using RefWorks as opposed to either version of EndNote (Desktop or Web). For details on how they compare, please see our EndNote vs. RefWorks FAQ.
If you have already purchased the desktop version, you need to configure EndNote to the Library's OpenURL service to activate the find Full-Text option. To do so, follow the steps below:
- Open your desktop version of EndNote.
- Go to the top menu and choose Edit --> Preferences.
- Check all boxes including ISI Web of Knowledge Full Text Links, DOI (Digital Object Identifier), PubMed Linkout, OpenURL.
- In the "OpenURL Path" box, enter: http://xt6nc6eu9q.search.serialssolutions.com/
- Under "Authenticate with," enter: https://my.ncu.edu/Account/logon?ReturnSite=library.ncu.edu&ReturnUrl=%2fHome%2fLoggedIn
- Click OK to close the window.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: