Q. How do I import citations to my EndNote account?
Importing citation files in .enw or .ris format is the most effective way to add citations to your EndNote account.
The NCU Library’s Roadrunner Search has a Direct Export to EndNote Web feature, but this has not been successful consistently. Instructions for how to import citation files to your EndNote account from Roadrunner Search are presented below:
1. Locate a resource and select the export option.
2. Click the Direct Export in RIS Format (e.g. CITAVI, EasyBib, EndNote, ProCite, Reference Manager, Zotero) and click Save.
3. Locate the .ris file in your Downloads folder. If you are using Internet Explorer or Firefox, select Save to save the file to your Downloads folder. Using Chrome, the file will automatically save to your Downloads folder.
4. Access the Web of Knowledge (Web of Science) database in NCU Library, from the A-Z Databases page. Click on EndNote, and log-in to your account. If the EndNote home page does not appear, click on EndNote again and it will open your account in a new tab.
5. In your EndNote account, point your mouse to Collect. Select Import References.
6. Choose your .ris file from your Downloads folder. Under Import Option, Select RefMan RIS. Then select in which folder you want your citation to be imported. Click Import.
7. Your import is successful when you see this message below:
8. You can verify that your citation has now been added by returning to MyReferences and checking for your citation in the list or folder where you have saved it. You may need to change the Sort by to Last Updated – newest to oldest.
Please keep in mind that most NCU Library databases offer the option to export a citation in .ris or .enw (EndNote Web) file formats for import to your EndNote account. Roadrunner Search and most databases also allow users to select multiple citations for export into one file.
For further technical support, please see the EndNote Online Help page or contact EndNote Support Monday – Friday, 9am – 8pm Eastern 800-336-4474 #4
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: