Q. How do I save citations from Web of Knowledge/Web of Science to my EndNote account?
The most effective way to add citations to your EndNote account from Web of Knowledge/Web of Science is to first log into your EndNote account. Instructions are as follows:
1. Access Web of Knowledge from NCU Library on the A-Z Databases page.
2. Once on the Web of Knowledge/Web of Science advanced search page, click EndNote on the black banner at the top of the screen:
3. Log into your EndNote account. (Note: sometimes this process does not work the first time; you may need to click EndNote and login again until you see your name in the upper right corner of the Web of Knowledge/Web of Science screen.)
4. Return to Web of Knowledge/Web of Science tab. Conduct a search. Click the box to the left of the result(s) you wish to save to your EndNote account. You may select more than one citation at a time. You also have the option to select all citations on the page. Click Save to EndNote Online in the center of the page above the citation results:
5. Once you click to Save to EndNote Online a dialog box will appear asking you to select your record content option. Once you select your option and click send, another box will appear informing you of the status:
6. You can verify that your citation has now been added by clicking on Endnote at the top of the screen. In your EndNote account, click on MyReferences and check for your citation in All My References. You may need to change the Sort by to Last Updated – newest to oldest:
When you return to your Web of Knowledge/Web of Science search results, you should also see an EN icon next to the citations you have saved to your EndNote account.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: