Q. How do I locate previous NCU Dissertations chaired by my Mentor or Dissertation Chair?
There are two different Library resources that may be used for discovering dissertations chaired by your own dissertation chair. See the step-by-step instructions for each resource below.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses @ Northcentral University
You may limit your results in ProQuest Dissertations & Theses @ Northcentral University to dissertations in which your mentor or chair appears as an Advisor. To do this, follow the steps outlined below and shown in the screenshot. To see a video demonstration of this technique, click here.
1) From the Library's home page click on Research Resources - Dissertation Resources.
2) Click on ProQuest Dissertations & Theses @ Northcentral University.
3) If not automatically directed, click on Advanced Search.
4) Scroll down to the Search options section underneath the search boxes.
5) Click on Look up Advisors, as shown below.
6) Enter your chair's last name only or last name, first initial (ex: duffy, j) into the search box and click Find.
7) From the results, check the box next to your chair's name. Note: your chair may have multiple versions of their name indexed in ProQuest. If that is the case, select all versions of their name, as shown below.
8) Click Add to search, as shown above.
9) Click Search. Note: you do not enter ANY search terms into the boxes at the top of the screen.
Once you have identified a dissertation chaired by your Mentor or Dissertation Chair, or if you happen to already know a dissertation chaired by him or her, you can search for that particular dissertation using the NCU Dissertations database also found on the A-Z Databases: Dissertations & Theses page. Once you have located that dissertation's record you may notice that the chairperson's name is a clickable link.
Clicking on the link will reveal a list of that chairperson's previously chaired dissertations.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?