Q. How do I set up a RefWorks account?
To use RefWorks, you will need to set up a personal account. There are two options to consider for creating a new account: Legacy RefWorks or New RefWorks. We highly recommend using the New RefWorks.
2. Click “Create account.” You must use your NCU Email address to sign up for a new RefWorks account using the new version.
3. Your NCU email address becomes your login name.
4. An activation email will be sent and you’ll need to validate your account to continue.
5. Once you click on the link in the activation email, you will be directed back to RefWorks to enter your name, role, and department affiliation. You’ll also be asked if you’d like to install the “Save to RefWorks” browser bookmarklet (a great way to capture data from web pages!) and if you’d like to install one of our paper writing helpers (Write-N-Cite for Word or RefWorks Add-on for Google Docs).
NOTE: IF YOU ARE A CURRENT RefWorks USER, see the Migration section below for steps to move your Legacy account to the new platform.
Legacy RefWorks (the old version)
NOTE: THE LIBRARY RECOMMENDS USING THE NEW REFWORKS. PLEASE SEE INSTRUCTIONS ABOVE.
Note: You may also be asked to enter a group code prior to logging into RefWorks. The RefWorks group code is RWNCentralU (case sensitive).
More account considerations:
2. For detailed comparisons, see the Upgrade from Legacy RefWorks to the New RefWorks – User Guide
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: