Q. What is "Article Linker"?
Article Linker is a quick way to search other Library databases for the full text of a specific article. When you run a search in one database, you may only see the abstract of the article. Click the Check Article Linker or 360 Link button to see if the full text is available in any other Library databases.
Two outcomes are possible once you have clicked on the Article Linker button:
(1) You will be taken directly to the full text article.
(2) You will come to a screen that says “It may not available in NCU Library.” If you encounter this screen:
- First try searching for the journal by title clicking the Search for Journal or Book Title link. This is to ensure that the Library does not subscribe to this particular publication or does not have the publication year you need available;
- If you confirm that the publication is unavailable, your next step will be to place an Interlibrary Loan request using the link found on this page. Please see our Interlibrary Loan FAQs for more information.
- Use the link provided to check Google Scholar. Many times articles are freely available in full-text outside of the Library's databases.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?