Q. How do I submit an interlibrary loan request for an article?
You may request articles from unsubscribed publications or years through our free Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service. Please keep in mind that the item must be requested from other lending institutions so a wait of 1-6 business days is typical; however, it might be 1-2 weeks, depending on how quickly we are able to complete the request with the lending institution. Additionally, in some instances, a publisher has either made the content unavailable through an embargo on certain issues, or simply doesn’t allow content to be loaned.
However, we still recommend that you place the request to see if this can be provided through ILL. We track demand for new journals through our Interlibrary Loan requests, as well.
Follow the steps below to create your ILL account and submit a book chapter request:
1) Proceed to the Library's homepage.
2) Under the Services drop-down menu, click on Interlibrary Loan.
3) Click on First Time User Registration and then First Time Users Click Here.
4) Enter all required fields and select a username and password.
5) Click on Article under New Request.
6) Fill out request form, making sure to include journal title, article title, publication year, and article page numbers.
Alternatively, you can place your request directly from the Article Linker page, as shown below. Logging into your Interlibrary Loan account from this screen will populate the request with the publication details, so that you do not have to enter it manually.
For additional information about the Library's ILL service, view the recorded Interlibrary Loan and Alternatives Workshop on our Library Workshop Videos page.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?