Q. How do I identify companies based on certain criteria (location, sales, size, etc.)?
There are two databases available in NCU Library for locating companies based on this criteria: Business Source Complete and ReferenceUSA. Use the directions below for navigating each database:
Business Source Complete offers the option to search by Revenue, Employee Number, Location (State, Country) and Plat/Facility Square Footage. To access Business Source Complete follow these steps:
1. Go to A-Z Databases and select Business Source Complete.
2. On the Business Source Complete home page, select Company Information on the blue banner bar at the top left of the page.
2. Use the search box and/or the Search Options to select your criteria.
ReferenceUSA database offers the option to pull reports containing the number of businesses in a certain geographic region, and/or by certain criteria such as executive gender, number of employees, sales volume, etc. Follow the steps below to begin your ReferenceUSA search.
1. Go to A-Z Databases.
2. Select ReferenceUSA. On the ReferenceUSA home page, we recommend starting with the "Take a Tour" video to become somewhat familiar with the database.
3. Select U.S. Businesses.
4. Select Advanced Search tab.
5. Add your criteria on the left-hand side of the screen--city/state, business size, executive gender/ethnicity, etc.
6. Click the blue "Update Count" button to apply the selected criteria.
7. Click the green "View Results" button when finished.
8. You may then create charts or export the data to Excel.
Can't find an answer to your question?
Use the options below: