Q. How do I obtain permission to use a resource in the Copyright Clearance Center?
At copyright.com you can search for and obtain permission to use and share content from the world’s leading titles in science, technology, medicine, humanities, news, business, finance and more. Follow the steps below for Pay-Per-Use Permissions.
- Go to the Copyright Clearance Center website.
- Use the search box in the upper right to locate your resource. You may also use the Advanced Search for more options.
- On the results screen, note whether or not there are annual license holders for your resource. In the example blow, the first book does not have license holders, and therefore no Pay-Per-Use Permissions, while the second book does.
- Click on "Pay-Per-Use Options" or "View selected pay-per-use options."
- Select the permission type that you need (e.g., use in course materials, republish or display content, photocopy for academic use) and click on "Price & Order."
- Complete the additional requested information in order to complete your order.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?