Q. How do I locate corporate social responsibility ratings?
The Library does not subscribe to specialized databases which provide corporate responsibility scores. We apologize for the inconvenience. However, we will continue to monitor demand for this type of information.
The following commercial databases rate or rank the social responsibility of companies:
- CSRHub - Provides access to corporate social responsibility and sustainability ratings and information on 17,580+ companies from 135 industries in 133 countries. You may purchase a one-month subscription to the CSRHub at by clicking here. However, we suggest contacting them directly to see if there is a lower price option for a university student. Contact information is found on their Contact Us page.
- MSCI - Provides research, benchmarks, compliance, and consulting services analogous to those provided by financial research service firms. Includes the MSCI ESG Ratings. For Environmental, Social and Governance products and services, please contact ESG Client Service at firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 212-804-5299.
- Sustainalytics - Provides company environmental, social, and governance (ESG) data. Students and full-time academics are therefore invited to submit their research ideas and data requests through the Online Data Request Portal.
- Thomson Reuters ESG research data - contains information on over 6,000+ global companies and over 400 metrics, including all exclusion (ethical screening) criteria and all aspects of sustainability performance. You may contact the sales department by clicking here.
The following websites rate or rank the social responsibility of companies:
- Ethisphere - Provides an annual listing of the World's Most Ethical Companies.
- Fortune Change the World - Ranks companies that aim to make a profit while making a difference in the world.
- Global100 - An index of the Global 100 most sustainable corporations in the world. Fill in your name and email in order to get the free results.
- Reputation Institute - Provides a free report that you can download that analyzes the top 10 and the top 100 corporate reputations for CSR globally
- RobecoSAM - Dow Jones Sustainability Indices cover over 600 ESG indicators for over 4,000 global companies.
For websites that provide background information or reports on social responsibility issues and companies, see the Library's Corporate Social Responsibility Guide.
Ask a Librarian
Can't find an answer to your question?