NU LibChat Widget
Can't find what you need? Submit a question and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.
How do I locate industry reports?
Begin by identifying your industry of interest and finding relevant SIC and NAICS codes by visiting the Standard Industrial Classification Search (SIC) and North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) websites.
Once you have identified your industry and its associated code, you may locate industry surveys, overviews, and reports in the Library databases using the code in your search.
You may also locate industry reports within the following Library databases using the following techniques:
Business Source Complete - Contains Industry Surveys from Datamonitor, Global Insight and EIU Economist Intelligence Unit Industry Forecasts. Select "Industry Overview" from the PublicationType box, as shown below. Enter your industry keyword on the top search line, and change the drop-down menu to TI Title.
Mergent Online – Industry Reports provide broad coverage of 24 of the largest global industries in North America, Europe, Asia, and global geographic areas. To access industry reports, follow the steps below.
- Select the “Industry Analysis” tab.
- Select your Industry and Region and press Search.
- The results screen displays industry reports dating back 15 years. Select the PDF icon under the Report column to view the full-text report.
ProQuest ABI/INFORM Global - Contains industry surveys from First Research (U.S. Reports) and Business Monitor International (U.S. and International). Select "Industry Report" from the Document Type menu, as shown below. Enter your industry keyword on the top search line, and change the drop-down menu to Document title - TI.
Nexis Uni - On the Advanced Search page, review directories containing specific content types.
- Click on Advanced Search on the main navigation page.
- Select Company and Financial and click on Analyst Reports.
- Complete your search by entering your keyword search terms.
Statista - Provides a variety of industry reports. The individual industries are selected by analysts based on data availability and relevance. To access, to to the Industry tab at the top of the screen, and then select "Search for Industry Reports" as shown below.
Additionally, you may use the following websites to identify industry codes and locate additional research online:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics Industries at a Glance - http://www.bls.gov/iag/tgs/iag_index_naics.htm
- Census.gov County Business Patterns - https://www.census.gov/programs-surveys/cbp/data.html
- Census.gov - Current Industrial Reports - http://www.census.gov/manufacturing/cir/index.html
- Export.gov Market Research (requires registration) - http://www.export.gov/mrktresearch/index.asp
- IndustryWeek.com - http://www.industryweek.com/
- North American Industry Classification System (NAICS) - www.census.gov/naics
- Standard Industrial Classification Search (SIC) - www.osha.gov/pls/imis/sicsearch.html
- Yahoo Industry Center - http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/index.html
Still need help?
Didn't get the answer you needed? Contact a librarian through email, phone, SMS, or chat for personalized assistance!